Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First training ride!

Did the first "base" training ride of the year today. I forgot how boring it is keeping your heart rate low. I had a head wind right off the get-go and had to peddle sloooooowly...painfully sloooooooow. I really had to stay focused to keep the pace in my base training range, especially after training at such high intensity for cross. Felt pretty good tho. Did about and hour and a half on the bike and will be doing some hot yoga tonight. The knee didn't trouble me too much. I noticed if I really focus on my peddle stroke and don't get sloppy I feel less pain under the knee cap. The yoga tonight will really help the knee too. Last year I ended up building up some scar tissue and just got "tight" all over. My goal this year is to do Yoga at least 2x per week to really keep limber. I was off the bike for a couple months really focusing on getting my range of motion back in my hips and shoulders.

No comments: