Friday, August 1, 2008

Off to the races...



Well...I'm off to the races this weekend. Pretty exciting, since I will be riding my brandy new DH bike. I just finished (am still tweaking) building my Iron Horse Sunday World Cup. Let me tell you...this bike is bad a#$!! Sram hooked the bella DH squad up with the sweet Rock Shox Boxxer World Cup and a full X.O group with Code 4 piston brakes. When I want to stop...I STOP!....well the bike stops anyway..sometimes I keep going. Stans build us a super light wheel set, bella blue hubs and all, with Maxxis tubeless DH tires. My wonderful friend/mechanic Brian has been there from incecption. For those of you who were there, Mr. Brian was crucial in the high placings of the cross bellas at the Portland USGP last year. He was our mechanic/bike swapper/bike washer/all around great guy extrordinaire. YAY BRIAN!!
So, the sister and I are leaving tomorrow to go race in South western oregon. Always a good time with the Johnson sisters and a couple of bikes. I hear the course is technical and fun...I'm sooo looking forward to it. Work has calmed down just enough that I can finally do a couple race trips. Packing tonight, will be on my bike by noon tomorrow....updates to follow!!!

No comments: