Monday, August 4, 2008

Willamette #2



My sister and I drove down to southern Oregon this weekend to compete in the second race of the Willamette pass DH series. Neither of us had ever been there before, but you can bet your butt we will be going back!! The area was absolutely beautiful, and the course was awesome!! Tight, twisty, steep, loose, roots, rocks, drops, jumps, and lots and lots of DUST! This was definetly your central oregon loose, dusty dirt.
We started practice about 2:00 and made 4 runs. My bike was a little bouncy the first run, and I realized that my brakes were "normal"...I run moto style. So I took some air out of my fork, added some air to my rear shock, tweaked the compression for my weight and switched my brakes and then....it was LOVE! It usually takes awhile for me to get used to a new bike, but 2 runs on this and it was like I'd been riding it all season. Race morning we got up to do a practice run. That pretty much sucked! The first run of the day is about pumping out all of the lactic acid that built up the day before. My hands felt like they were going to fall off and I couldn't peddle to save my life. But..the warm up worked and race run I felt great! Had one "fall over" from trying to cut a washed out corner, but othewise had a great run. My sister also had a great run. We ended up with me getting 1st and her second. Go SISTERS!!
Next weekend...providing medical at the seaside volley ball tournament.

No comments: