Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bikes, dogs and friends





I should be writing a race report right now, but I didn't race. It was soo perfect outside that I went for a mountain bike ride. Can you blame me? Besides...you get two freebies in the series. We went out to Hood River and rode Gumjuwac, yet another great trail that I hadn't experienced until now. It was an amazing day! The veiws of mt. Hood were gorgeous. The trail is your typical Hood River trail. Straight up, and then straight down. Well, not really straight up...but after hour 2 of continued climbing, it feels like straight up. The climb up is on an old forest road, that doubles as a cross country ski trail in the winter. We ended up catching the single track up on the ridge. We rode single track up the ridge, down the ridge, across the ridge, and then finally had about an 8 mile super fun, super fast, super smooth decent back to the car. The dirt was amazing...super tacky, no dust, no mud. I'm glad I'm not writing a race report right now!!

No comments: