Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Short track #2 = Second Place!!




Went out for my second short track race this year. I moved up one place! Got second in the womens pro field. I'm getting this whole 45 minutes of "as hard as you can go" thing figured out...slowly. This time I warmed up for a good 45 minutes, did some high intensity openers for about 5 minutes and tried to keep spinning around until about 5 minutes before the start. The last race I somehow got stuck out on the course during the race that was right before me and had to start cold. I didn't warm up until the last lap...not fun! This time I was pretty warm. I think I need to do a little more high intensity in my warm ups because I didn't feel "great" until about lap 3 (20 minutes into the race). My sister comes to all my races (best cheerleader ever!) and she says she can tell which lap I finally warm up in because I don't look like I'm dying! :)


Next Monday, we'll try some more high intensity for longer before the race and see how that goes. Sunday is the Fluid ride cup DH up at Ski bowl, so my legs will be pretty shot. Should be fun. Post to follow!

Finish

No comments: